BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Monday, June 28, 2010

What I do while the boys nap (besides sew and waste ridiculous amounts of time on the internet)

So, this summer I have done lots of sewing projects, as my blog and pictures have shown. I also spend LOTS of time taking care of my two year old boys. What other time is there to do anything else, you ask? Well, much of my time has been spent working on my Master's thesis. There has been no break from school for me this summer, though I have spent a lot less time doing school work than I should.

Most afternoons and many evenings I am working on gathering research, reading, typing notes, and now, writing my thesis. It is not going as fast as I would have liked or planned, unfortunately. By this time in the summer, I wanted to have 2 chapters written (a chapter being 20ish pages.) BUT, I have 6 pages written at this time. Phoo, phoo. (not to be mistaken for poo, poo--which I write far to much about.)

So, lately, instead of sewing (which this morning I did a lot of, though it wasn't very exciting. I hemmed two bridesmaid dresses for my BFF Candace and her sister, and shortened a pair of pants to a pair of shorts for myself), I have been working on my thesis. I wrote 3.5 pages this afternoon and hope to get as many done this evening after B and M are in bed.

Thank GOD my boys take long naps still--usually 3 hours in the afternoon. I don't know what I would do if they didn't nap so well. Probably really start freaking out about my thesis. Right now, the freak out is at a dull roar.

Hopefully, I will catch the writing bug, or the writing muse will slap me on the rear will her magic want, and I will finally get my butt in gear and WRITE WRITE WRITE. Otherwise, I will really be freaking out when December comes. And the thesis is due.

If I don't, there won't be any more fun sewing projects.

Now that is a real motivator.

PS. My camera decided to break up with my computer and won't download pictures right now. Sad day. I am trying to get them to reconcile. Stay tuned for more updates on this drama.

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...