BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Greek Goddess Dress

Are you ready? I made another dress to feed my growing addiction. Or fill my closet, either one. :) I found a tutorial online that I wanted to try called "Most Flattering Shirt Dress." And it was flattering--on the model who sewed it online. Super cute on her. On me? not so much. It looked like a frump bag. I was very disappointed/grumpy.

So I threw it on the ironing board for the night and the next day, since I didn't want to waste the super pretty/soft/inexpensive (I got the material for 6.50 on the clearance rack at Joann's!) material, I decided to cut it up and try to revamp the dress. I ended up cutting off the neck, sleeves, and ripping out the side seems down to the elastic. Then I gathered up the neck and sewed a casing around it. The bodice ended up looking very Greek--you know, a bit clingy/drape-y around the bust. Pretty! The shrring at the waist keeps the dress super comfy and I don't need to add another zipper (thank GOD!) So, all in all, the dress turned out great. I am glad I didn't give up after the first (awful) attempt. I love it and am going to wear it too playgroup pool party tomorrow. Enjoy the pics!



1 comment:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

I'm starting to get jealous of all the cute dresses you can make and wear. Since I'm still nursing I'm limited to wrap dresses and shirt dresses, which I do love, but I'd really like to have more than just those two styles as options! Oh well, only 6 more months...

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...