BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School

I am in my second week of school and second semester of my MA English program. So far, it is going well. I am taking 9 hours (3 classes) which is full time. Am I crazy? Sometimes I think so! Here is my schedule:

MW 4:05-5:20pm Christian Poetics (this is not a poetry class. More like a "What makes good literature good" class and "So what are we going to do about it as Christians?" class) Love my professor. I took her for almost every class she offered in undergrad. Go Dr. Prior! 

M 6:00-9:00pm Victorian Literature. Currently reading "Oliver Twist." Can't wait to get to "Dracula" later in the semester. Bring on the vampire lit! Wonderful, witty professor in this class too. She keeps us laughing. 

Tues 6:30-9:30pm Seminar in Jane Austen. Sigh. I love Jane Austen. Re-reading "Pride and Prejudice" for the umpteenth time. Double sigh of happiness. That book is delicious every time you read it. 

I chose to do my small (7-9 page) research paper for my Christian Poetics class first (we had to sign up for a date) so I began working on it 2 weeks before classes even started. I had to present/read it aloud in class on Monday. I was SUPER nervous. The topic was hard--Aristotle's "Poetics" was the book--and I choose a very abstract concept to write about. But the end result was very satisfying and once I was done reading, I felt really good about it. The paper provoked some good class discussion. And I am SO glad that I don't have to think about another paper for that class until the end of the semester. YEA!!!

Did I mention, I love school? Well, I really, really do. :) 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...