BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pin Rest: A fast and easy project

I saw the idea for this cute little sewing machine pin cushion a few weeks ago on a blog I follow (I would give credit for it but she had linked it from another blog which was linked to pinterest so I don't know how to find it again. But I just wanted to let everyone know that this was a COPY, not my original idea).
 I've been doing a lot of sewing lately (I sold 3 BAM Diapers today and have another dozen I am working on right now) and my tomato pin cushion ends up rolling on the floor more often than I would like. This little tie-on pin rest is the perfect solution! 
It took me all of 15 minutes to make and the best part was that I was able to use all scraps--the fabric was from a twofer dress I made, the ribbon from some old curtains, and even the stuffing was scraps from the diapers!  It ties right on the machine for easy pin give and take while the machine is purring. 
Sweet little bow in back 

It's nice to make some fun, practical projects for myself every now and then! :) 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...