BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Monday, July 25, 2011

Meng Menu

Sunday: Chicken quesadillas, Tortilla Chips and homemade salsa (salsa didn't turn out so well...I'm going to keep trying when some more of our tomatoes get ripe)

Monday: Hot dogs, Cheetos, Carrot sticks

Tuesday: Broccoli Cheese Soup, Herb and cheese biscuits (Aaron thinks it's too hot for soup but I was trying to be really frugal this week...so we'll see...)

Wednesday: Spinach cheese roll ups, Homemade French bread (I've been making this a lot. It is such a cheap and filling side and I love it left over too. French toast anyone?)

Thursday: Pan Seared chicken, Roasted Red potatoes, Green beans

Friday: Breakfast Bake (1/2 pound sausage), Toast (French bread), Apple Sauce

Saturday: Lasanga (1/2 pound sausage), Salad

So, before I went to the grocery store I was all pumped up that this was going to be a low grocery bill week. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work out that way. A few extra things (splurges or forgotten essentials) made their way into the cart and my bill ended up OVER budget by $5. I did have to buy laundry detergent and drier sheets (I actually bought stuff to make homemade detergent....will post about this later...wow, I feel crunchy... :P) so that was included in my final tally. Still I felt so depressed when I went home. Seems silly that such a little thing can get me so down but I really try to keep our grocery bill low, especially this summer as we still have a few more months till I get a paycheck. Sigh. 

Better luck, planning, and food aisle self control next week. 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...