BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Friday, November 11, 2011

Mint Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Doesn't that title just make your mouth water? 

Christmas is coming and these are the PERFECT cookies for all those holiday parties! Plus, they are fast, super easy, and taste AMAZING!
Ingredients:
Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
 Mix the cake mix, oil, eggs and peppermint extract. My mixer is broken so I just used a spoon. A spoon works fine but you gotta bring your big-girl guns as this dough is really thick. 
After the cake mix is throughly incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips.
 Form walnut size balls (about a tablespoon) and roll in powdered sugar
 Place on a greased cookie sheet (mine are exceptionally craptastic so I cover them with foil. My cookie sheets came from my husband's dorm before we got married. You don't want to see what they look like under the foil).
Bake for 11-13 minutes. The tops should be cracked and but not wet-looking. The cookies will be very soft when you bring them out. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes and then remove to a rack to cool. 
Sprinkle with more powdered sugar if your little heart so desires.
Mmm! They are SO good! Crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle with the decadence of the devil's food and chocolate chips and just a hint of mint. 

These are my go-to Christmas cookies this year!

2 comments:

LivG said...

I might have to try those! Oh, that reminds me, I need to type out that recipe...

Debbie said...

Yum! Going to try these for sure!

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...