Sunday: Calzones, salad
Monday: Ham, roasted herbed red potatoes, green beans
Tuesday: Stuffed Shells w/marinara sauce, greek salad
Wednesday: Cheeseburger Soup, rolls
Thursday: Thanksgiving = Turkey, Apple Sausage Stuffing (RECIPE BELOW!), Mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, Cressent rolls, blueberry pie
Friday: Turkey Pot Pie
Saturday: Turkey Sandwiches, leftovers
So, I had such a hard time coming up with menu planning this week before Thanksgiving--I had turkey on the brain! We are just doing Thanksgiving alone this year (sniff!); our plans to go to FL fell through due to copious medical bills....oh well.
We budgeted at total of $300 for groceries for this week and last week because of Thanksgiving shopping but I am proud to say that we didn't need the extra $$! I spent $122 last week ant $119 this week! YEA! Plus, included in the $119 was shampoo and conditioner, paper towels, a brining bag for the turkey, plus a few extra "yummies" like root beer, goldfish crackers, and egg nog! YUM!
I am looking forward to holiday food--we are still trying to figure out how we are going to cook our turkey: fried or smoked?
I am looking forward to a break from school this week--relaxing, crafting, holiday decorating, painting the livingroom, and cooking (oh, and grading...:P) coming right up!
Apple Sausage Stuffing
2 stalks celery, finely diced
3 small (or two medium) apples (I used gala), peeled, cored and finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
1/2 pound mild sausage
3-4 TBS butter
One bag Pepperidge Farm herbed stuffing
2 cups hot chicken stock
1. Brown the sausage in a large skillet. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, melt the butter and add the veggies and fruit. Saute for 5-8 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
3. Pour stuffing into a 9 x 13 casserole dish and add veggies/fruit and sausage.
4. Pour chicken stock on top and mix everything together.
5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cover with foil if you like a soft stuffing, or leave uncovered for a crispy top.
Enjoy! And Happy Thanksgiving to you all!