BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Babysitting Swap

Though we decided to pull the boys out of preschool for this semester (because we couldn't afford it), we were going to need childcare for the days that I would be working. We hired a babysitter and planned to pay her around $400 a month (we believe in paying our sitters well). About a week ago, however, my friend Alisha (who was also a Graduate Assistant at Liberty and is now an adjunct professor at LU AND also has two boys, ages 4 and almost 2) suggested that we "barter our children" or do a babysitting swap. So, I am now watching her youngest son on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:30-3pm and she is watching my boys on Tuesday and Thursday from 11:30-5pm.

I think our boys are wearing each other out with so much playing! I think they are having a blast. Plus the best part of the deal that that we both have free childcare for the semester!!! So, that extra $400? Going into the new car fund. :) 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...