BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Adjunct Professor

I am officially an adjunct professor (a fancy word for "part-time") at Liberty University! I had my first day of work yesterday and it went pretty well. I am an assistant for a British Literature class.  All of the 200 level literature courses at LU are over 100 people (I officially have 113 per class) so they have assigned one professor to lecture and one to grade. So, I am the grader and attendance taker (no small task). My job is pretty easy right now--just take attendance and grade quizzes but I will be REALLY busy when the papers are due. I kinda don't want to think about it now. Grading is not my favorite thing in the world (yeah, yeah, I can hear it now...."If you don't like to grade papers, why did you become and English Professor? Well, there is a lot more fun parts to teaching than grading...). But is is a job and I am very thankful to be employed right after graduation. Plus I really enjoy the lady I am working with, Mrs. Tweedy. Plus it is really good experience and review for me for Brit Lit. Plus I am able to make some money to contribute to our family. So there are a lot of plusses.

I will just have to remember those plusses when I am drowning in over 200 papers at the end of February and April.

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...