BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meng Menu


Sunday: Pizza rolls, salad      
Monday: Hawaiian roll sandwiches, veggies, apples, chips  
Tuesday: Asian pork chops, rice, broccoli
Wednesday: Eggs, bacon, bread, fruit
Saturday: BAM Cheeseburger soup, rolls 

Confession: Aaron and I have become cheese snobs. Someone gave us from fresh mozzarella cheese a few months ago and after making the Pizza rolls (link above!) with the fresh cheese (we're talkin' fresh, soft, creamy, smooth, melty, stretch-for-a-mile cheese, not the block or the bag kind) we have not gone back. 

The fresh mozzarella led to fresh parmesan cheese (SO much better than the shake-out-of-a-can kind!). The only problem is that fresh cheese is a LOT more expensive. So, I look for sales a lot and I bought some mozzarella that was on sale today to stick in the freezer. Even though the fresh cheese is more expensive, I don't think I can go back....I  think my taste buds would throw a fit. 

Total today was $130: a bit over budget. It was probably all that cheese I bought. ;) In my mind (and mouth) though, TOTALLY WORTH IT! 

Can I also say how excited I am that the high this week is only in the 70s in Virginia???? Bring on the Cheeseburger Soup, baby! My recipe for this yummy, healthy soup makes 8 hearty servings so am going to freeze half so we can have a quick dinner after the baby arrives (it freezes beautifully!). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never done this personally, but I've seen it demonstrated several times and it doesn't look too bad!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Great-Mozzarella-Cheese/

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...