BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Monday, July 5, 2010

Jello Mousse

This is a yummy dessert that I made up and have been making this summer. It is super easy, yummy, and very budget friendly! We ate it tonight. :)

Jello Mousse

One small package of jello, any flavor
1 cup hot water
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 tub of Cool Whip (approx 1.5 cups)
Fruit (optional)

In a LARGE bowl (believe me, it is a lot easier to use a large one than a small one on this recipe) stir hot water into jello until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Pour in cup of ice cubes and stir CONSTANTLY until ice is almost melted and jello is starting to gel, about 3 minutes. (Make sure you stir it constantly--otherwise you end up with a lumpy mess...believe me, I know). Take out the extra ice, if needed. Scoop out the Cool Whip and stir or wisk into the jello mix until smooth. It will be pretty runny. Pour into small cups. Add fruit if desired. Chill in fridge for 4-6 hours until set. Enjoy!

Makes 6 1/2 cup portions

Add-ins:
Orange jello with manderin oranges
Strawberry jello with sliced strawberries
Lemon jello with sliced strawberries
Or plain! It is delish just as it is!

(I have made it with orange (tasted liked a dreamsickle), strawberry and lemon. Lemon was probably my favorite. So light and refreshing!)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds good. I think I'll actually try it!

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...