BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Three reasons why I love using cloth diapers

My little guy, Silas, is six weeks old today and just started using cloth diapers full time with him this week. Thanks to some generous friends, we we able to use disposables for his first weeks but that stash is practically gone so cloth it is! I used cloth diapers with my twins 5 years ago until they were potty trained but I had forgotten how much I liked using cloth. Here are 3 reasons why I love using cloth diapers: 
My current stash: All-in-ones on the right and my homemade bamboo prefolds and covers on the left
 #1 I don't have to worry about running out

When using the disposables over these past 6 weeks, I was very aware of how quickly the bag was emptying. I would even get annoyed when Silas would poop as soon as I put on a clean diaper. "Geez, kid! that was clean! Let's keep it that way for at least an hour, k?" 
With cloth diapers, I can just run a load of laundry instead of getting irrationally angry with my newborn. ;)
 #2 I can change him as much as I want to

This reason is related to #1, of course. Because I'm not worried about running out, I can change him as much as I want to without worrying about throwing "x amount" of money in the trash with every change. I once heard a parent confess that they only changed their (older) baby twice a day because diapers were so expensive. I really felt for this parent because I know all about tight budgets. With cloth, I know that I am getting my money's worth out of the diapers and I can change my baby every hour if I want to--not that I'm in love with diaper duty, but hey! I have the option. 
#3 Cloth diapers are SO cute on my baby!

Ah-dor-a-ble!!  

1 comment:

LivG said...

Totally agree! Super cute! :)

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...