BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pillowcases and Matthew 7:11

It has been one of "those days" at the Meng house. 
A boys-fighting, boys-biting, boys-pinching, mommy-going-nuts, mommy-yelling, "mommy-you-aren't-my-friend-anymore!!!!", crazy kind of day. 
 Yesterday, fully in love with my children, I bought 2 yards of CARS flannel to make pillow cases for Micah and Benji. Today, after exhausting what little pregnancy energy I have (it was only 10am) yelling at the boys and shutting them in their room to lick their (literal) wounds from fighting, I thought:

"They don't deserve for me to make them something special! They are so bad! UGGG!"

While still shaking with anger I prayed, "God, you better give me wisdom right now because I don't know how to deal with these boys!"

Well, we all calmed down and talked about brotherly love and all that stuff. 
And a verse came to my mind:

Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

In that brief moment, I felt humbled and thankful. And I wanted to make the pillow cases again. So here they are, along with the little hooligans I made them for.

 They were so easy! I made two in 30 minutes (Definitely my kind of project. Fast and instant gratification). 
The boys LOVE them! 
 Here is Micah ready for nap time with his new pillowcase
Benji loves his too!

Glad you like these gifts, boys. 
Heaven knows I have been given so much more. 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...