BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Luna the Lovebird

It has been several months since my beloved 22 year old lovebird, Polly, died. You can read about her here. I have really been missing having Polly, or just having a bird, in my life, especially in the afternoons when the boys are napping, in the evenings, and when Aaron is gone. I just loved having a little friend in my life to keep me company!

So.....
 ...today, we got a new lovebird! I had been thinking about it for a while and had even picked out a breeder but sadly, that breeder sold out before I was able to secure a deposit on a bird. Sad!
But a few days ago, my friend Debbie sent me the link to a craigslist post--someone was selling baby lovebirds!
 The seller hand-raised this little bird (she is about 8-9 weeks old, hatched mid October) and we drove an hour to pick her up. We only paid $40 for this little beauty! 
 I named her Luna, after Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter fame. Luna is an eccentric, quirky and lovable character in the books and lovebirds are much the same. 
I think it is a perfect name for this little sweetie! 
  She is very tame and sweet. I am already in love!
 I look forward to many wonderful years (another 22? I hope!) with my new feathered friend.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Big Smile here!!!!! So happy about your newest addition!

LivG said...

Aw! Congrats! She is a beauty :)

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...