BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Paper Bag Skirt

When I saw this tutorial for the Paper Bag skirt, I just knew I had to try and make one for myself.  I had some brown material left over from the boys' backpacks and since I love brown as a neutral, it was perfect for the skirt. It was fun to make an up-and-coming style on my own.

This project went together really easily. It has a side zipper that I was pretty nervous about putting in but since my mom was visiting, I took advantage of her sewing expertise and she guided me through the process (it really wasn't that hard). 

The most "difficult" part was getting the pleats to be both symmetrical and snug around my waist. But the whole thing came together in less than  two days. I started it at 9pm on Sunday night and finished it the next afternoon before I went to class. 

I absolutely love this skirt!!! Go ahead--make one of your own!


No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...