BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Meng Menu: Two weeks!

Wow! Those two weeks went fast. Last night I was like, "Aw man! I have to go big grocery shopping tomorrow!" 

Meal planning for two weeks is a bit of work: 
First I look at the weekly Kroger ad for our local store. 
Once I see what is on sale, I check the coupons I have. I am not a huge coupon-er, but Kroger sends me regular coupons so I see what I have on hand each week before I plan my menu. 
Next, I check to see what I already have in the fridge, freezer and pantry so that I can utilize what I already have on hand. 
Then I start planning my meals based on all the previous steps. Whew! It takes me about an hour or  so. But after that, I don't have to have the what-am-I-going-to-make-for-dinner-tonight debate every night for the next two weeks. 

I did pretty well shopping today: I spent $240 and change today so about $120/week. Not bad at all!  

Here is what we are eating for dinner for the next two weeks:

Sunday: Cheesy chicken rice casserole, steamed broccoli
Monday: beef tips and gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
Tuesday: Grilled pork chops, parmesan rice, green beans
Wednesday: Hot dogs, chips, carrots
Thursday: Sausage and kale pasta
Friday: Out to eat

Saturday: Beef fajitas

Sunday: Sloppy joes, baked fries, apples
Monday: Waffles, sausage, fruit
Tuesday:  Grilled pork chops, roasted potatoes, salad
Wednesday: Baked cod, cheesy mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday: Chicken and broccoli alfredo
Friday: Out to eat
Saturday: Chicken pot pie

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...