BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Good Spring Break

I am on my last day of Spring Break 2010. It has been a good week. I am sad to see it leave. The weather has been wonderful so we have been able to play outside with the boys every day.

I was able to do some sewing! YEA! Check out the cute pics of the little birds I made. The project is not complete. They will be a mobile...someday. Probably not until after school is out for the summer. But I had a great time being creative and sewing them.



The boys call them "chickens"

We took Goldie for a walk almost every day this week. The boys actually walked on the walk! WOW! I have to offer them lots of encouragement and remind them to "keep walking" but they have done really well! We only walk about 4 blocks round trip but I think that is pretty good for a two year old! I think are stroller days are over--which I am sad and glad about.

I also planted some flowers this week! I have this overwhelming desire to plant things now that it is spring, even though my better judgement (and personal history) reminds me that I am not a good plant mother. Well, I can change! I am determined to water my plants, give them sunshine, and not kill them this year! Stay tuned for updates on this daring resolve. Enjoy the pics. The flowers are still alive. :) And I feel very Spring-y. :)

This is what your porch looks like when you plant flowers with two-year-olds....and a grown woman who doesn't have a green thumb....
My flower set up. I feel like I should be in Better Homes and Gardens...ok maybe not. I got a little excited about watering...if you couldn't tell. Too bad you can't see them better. They are really pretty! I promise!
Love the pink!
I wish you could see the colors better. They are really pretty.

I also had to do a lot of grading this week and homework. Bleck. But I got all the grading done and um...SOME of the homework. :) I jump right back into school this week. I have a presentation on Tuesday and I need to work hard core on my thesis proposal. That is the other thing I really work on this week: thesis. I have been avoiding it in my mind because my mind was way too full of other things, which is not usually my style or way I approach deadlines or projects. But the thought of the thesis was too overwhelming. Well, there was no avoiding it any more. I HAD to work on it...considering my proposal is due April 1st, which is um....a week and a half away. AHH! I am trying not to freak out--too much. I got some good reading and thinking in this week and I think/hope/pray I am going in a good direction. The proposal is only 10-15 pages so that shouldn't be too hard to write. Heh...shouldn't.

So, spring break it was a nice week. And I have made it half-way through my first semester of teaching, going to grad school, wife-ing, and mothering. It was a well earned break.

1 comment:

LivG said...

Wow! You are a busy little lady!!! Congrats on a lovely Spring break:-) Cute boys, love the birds, good luck with the plants!

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...