BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Ending

So, some wonderful news. You know the kid who was so disrespectfully rude to me in the previous post? I got an e-mail from him on Sunday morning that went something like this:
“Sorry about calling you out on the reading thing on Friday. That was totally uncalled for and I apologize for that.”
And this is how I responded:
Kyle, Thanks for your apology. I really appreciate it. I marked you down in my book as my “feisty student” (JK). I look forward to seeing you Monday! Mrs. Meng
I was very surprised that he apologized. Very pleasantly surprised. It showed a lot of maturity. (I am posting this after the fact. It is actually Tues 26) When he came to class on Monday he made sure that I knew that he had read. And he got a perfect score on the reading quiz. I definitely had a proud teacher moment right there. Way to go, Kyle! And go me for sticking to my guns!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

That is great! Sounds like it's going well so far. I'm sure you're doing a GREAT job! :)

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...