BAM Family

BAM Family

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Richmond Adventure

We had a really good past weekend. Aaron took off on Friday to get some school work done and work on our deck that we are building. It was nice to have him home for the day.

On Saturday, we got up at 6:30 and left at 7:45 to head to Richmond VA. (We were supposed to leave at 7am. But with two babies, what can you do?) It is about 2 hours to Richmond. We were going to visit Aaron's sister Angela for the day. Angela's husband, Pat's sister was graduating from college and his whole family was up to celebrate. (I hope you can follow that). We spend Christmas with Pat's family as well and we really enjoyed our time with them. They are a really easy family to hang out with and fun too. 

We met them at Golden Corral and fed the boys some breakfast. First I had to change Micah's clothes because he had shook his entire sippy cup of water out on his lap. He was soaked. The boys really enjoyed running around after being in the car for 2 hours. 

After breakfast/brunch we went to the hotel  and went swimming. They had an indoor pool and it was so warm. Benji was a little hesitant at first but he starting having fun after a few minutes in the water. Micah LOVED it! He didn't want to be held and was so squirmy. He wanted to "swim" away. He loved it when we dunked him under the water (if you blow in a toddlers' face RIGHT before you dunk them, they will hold their breath for the moment you dunk them under). Both boys loved to "jump" off the side. We sat them on the edge and said "jump!" and they would lean forward and scoot their butt off. My arms were so sore the next day from lifting them up and down so many times. We had a blast. Poor Aunt Angela got peed on twice. Once by Micah while she was holding him on her lap by the pool and once by Benji when he was running around the hotel room naked and sprayed a stream 4 feet across the room. :) 

After swimming and showering we ate lunch with Pat, Angela and their boys at Five Guys at about 2:00. Poor babies were so tired! The slept just about the whole way home. Micah kept waking up and crying because he was hot but he didn't want to let go of his blankie. 

We rushed home and got Goldie (who had been in our bedroom all day) and then rushed to Aaron's first softball game of the season. He has played with a church league with some of the guys from his work for the past 3 years. He got the first run of the game (a HOMERUN!) and they won both of their games. YEA! The boys had SO much fun. Micah ran around the whole time and wanted to sit on the bench with all the other players. He played with the extra bats and balls and rubbed his hands in the dirt. Benji cheered the entire game. He said YEA YEA YEA!!! every time anyone hit the ball, on either team. Both boys said YEA DA DA! It was so cute. We had a blast. 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...