BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Thursday, December 23, 2010

What I've been doing

So, I finished my entire semester exactly one week ago today. Last Thursday I finished grading my second class and then I was truly DONE DONE DONE! Since then, though, I've been busy--but doing fun things like making Christmas presents and spending time with the boys.

Yesterday Aaron went skiing and the boys and I went to the library to get some new books and DVDs and then to the mall to ride the Christmas train. The boys loved the train (just a small three-car train that goes around in a circle) and were so sad when they had to get off (read: they threw a fit). The wonderful train conductor lady took pity on them and snuck two free tickets into my hand to ride again. So nice!

We took a little break from train riding and went to the food court where they have those mechanical cars that bounce you to death--you know, the kind of thing kids love. I had to get change twice to satisfy the boys' extreme enthusiasm for riding the cars. They had so much fun! I kept trying to drag them away by bribing them with "Do you want to ride the train again?!" "NO! NO!" they cried.

I finally got them away from the cars and we rode the train with our free tickets. The boys actually rode in different cars! I was surprised but pleased. I am glad when they feel comfortable enough to do activities separately.

We had such a fun morning. They were a bit sad to leave but the promise of chicken nuggets and applesauce was just enough to get them in the car.

I am so glad I have time now to do some fun things with them. I am looking forward to reconnecting with my boys this coming year.

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...