BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Meng Menu + MEGA school supply savings!!!

I was on a literal shopping high after going to Kroger today. I knew Kroger had some sales on a few items that were on the boys' school supply lists (ziplock bags and kleenex) so I was planning on buying a few things.

Well, I bought EVERYTHING on their lists today (except their nap mat and backpack) and my total for groceries AND school supplies was ONLY....

$128.13

WOO HOO!

Here is what I bought in total for the boys:
(I got several items REALLY discounted due to Kroger's Mega Sales event this week--buy 10 items, get an extra 50c off per item--so I got Kleenex lotion tissues for 99c each and the ziplock bags for 99c each)

4 boxes of Crayola crayons (24 in a box)
2 box of Crayola washable markers (8 in a box - large size)
2 bottles of Elmer's Regular Glue (not school glue)
4 glue sticks
6 boxes of tissues
4 containers of baby wipes
4 boxes of Ziploc bags (2 gallon and 2 quart size)

My total for school supplies BEFORE Kroger savings was $53 (and change)

AFTER savings total: $24.88

So, in total today, I saved $52.97 with Kroger card savings and coupons. YES!!!!!

Then I filled up with gas for $3.17 a gallon with 20c off per gallon with my Kroger card. (Wow....I sound like a spokesperson for Kroger. Really though, if you are a loyal customer, you can get some good deals).

Anyways, I am really happy. :D

Here is our menu for the week

Sunday: Sloppy joes, oven fries, veggies and dip
Monday: Pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans
Tuesday: Stirfry w/ pork and chicken, rice
Wednesday: Potluck (jello salad)
Thursday: Cheeseburger soup, bread
Friday: Pizza roll, salad
Saturday: Party at Bell’s (jello salad)

We have a potluck and a party this week so I am making my ol' stand-by: Jello Salad. It is super simple, cheap (shhh! Don't tell anyone!) and a crowd pleaser. Here is the "recipe":

Jello Salad

2 small boxes of jello (I like to use complimentary flavors like strawberry/peach)
3 cans favorite fruit in 100% fruit juice
Fresh or frozen fruit

Make it:
Mix jello in 2 cups hot water until dissolved. Drain fruit juice from canned fruit in measuring cup to make 2 cups. Add to jello and pour into a 9x13 dish (I use my pyrex dish that has a lid and carrier--perfect for a party!) 

Slice fruit into bite size pieces (I use pears, peaches, and fruit cocktail usually). Add fresh or frozen fruit if desired (I got strawberries and grapes this week. Frozen blueberries are great too!). DO NOT add pineapple because the jello will not gel. Sad....

Stir fruit to mix (dish should be very full). Let salad gel in fridge for 6 hours or overnight. 

Take to your party! I almost NEVER have any leftover. 
Serves 8-10

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...