BAM Family

BAM Family

Labels

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Good Year

In these few moments where I am not being attacked by shrieking, climbing, slobbering children, I thought I would take time to reflect on the last 12 months. We have had an eventful year. Last year at this time, the boys were barely 3 months old and I was still trying to get the hand of breast feeding. I think in January alone I watched 3 seasons of LOST while I breast fed the boys. It was just me, Micah, Benji, my nursing pillow and that mysterious island. I can't wait for the new season to start in, oh, 20 or so days. (I'm not counting down or anything) :)

In April, we signed the papers to own our first home. And for the next month I never saw Aaron as he was working 10 hour days and then going over to "the house" to work. One word: stressful. One the weekend of our 2nd anniversary (I can't believe we have only been married 2 years....) we moved in. Two words: extremely stressful. Especially since the boys were 7 months old and had their first cold. Thankfully, we are all moved in now (even though the house isn't done yet. Does it EVER end??) and we love our new home. 

At the end of the summer, our church asked Aaron if he would step into the youth minister position. We felt very strongly that this was the place for us to serve and have (usually) enjoyed the learning process and have loved building relationships with the youth and their families. We joined the church as well--we thought it would be a good thing if the interim youth pastor and his family were actual members. 

October 9th, 2008 brought the boys 1st birthday! I can't believe the year went so fast. I felt very accomplished to have made it one year as a twin mom as well as to have breast fed for one year (and still going strong. I was hoping I would make it 6 months!). I love each new thing they learn. Their latest accomplishment is climbing up on couches/chairs and pulling everything off the side table.  Teething doesn't help either though as their lungs have been getting quite a bit of exercise as well. I am really enjoying nap time these days. 

I am really looking forward to what this new year will bring. Despite some stressful days in 2008, we have truly been blessed.

I am starting my MA in English in 4 days: nervous but excited for new experiences and learning. Who knows what else life will bring? Stay tuned for accounts of our adventures in 2009! 

NOTE: my brief period of respite lasted all of 5 minutes. I was attacked by a hollering Benjamin for 10 minutes who is tired and growing a tooth. He and his brother are now in bed. 

No comments:

Like this? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...